Saturday 21 January 2017

Solution for sender channel status retrying

Solution for sender channel status retrying


Scenario 1: My window machine installed with IBM WebSphere MQ 7.5 version and z/OS machine installed with IBM WebSphere MQ 7.0. I have one remote queue on my window 

machine which sends messages to z/OS machines local Queue. I am able to send messages from my remote queue to z/OS local queue using sender channel, Receiver Channel and Transmission Queue. Some network interruption happened on my window machine and lost connection with Z/OS machine. At the time of network interruption, my sender channel and Z/OS receiver channel was running. when connection restored with these two machine my sender channel status becomes "Retrying" and receiver channel status still showing running. When I looked on error log AMQERR01.LOG for sender channel, this look like below. 
Solutionfor sender channel status retrying_amqerror1
I tried with lots of option like stop and start Sender Queue Manager, Sender channel, checked MAX instance defined on both machine but nothing worked. I also applied fix pack of 7.5.0.5 on MQ7.5 by reading below article. IT02422: WMQ V7.5 JAVA APPLICATION FAILS WITH REASON CODE 2025 (MQRC_MAX_CONNS_LIMIT_REACHED) AFTER NETWORK OUTAGES(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?doc=aimwmq&rs=171&uid=swg21110505) but this also not worked.

Solution: Finally I got one solution. forcefully stopped sender channel and receiver channel(STOP CHL(rcvr chl name) MODE(FORCE)), both channel status should be STOPPED now. start receiver channel.Stop and start Queue manager of sender channel. Than, finally start sender channel. In my case this worked :)

Scenario 2: I configured my remote Queue and local Queue on window machine. Through java application, I am trying to put messages on remote Queue and try to get those messages on my local queue, but my messages got stuck on transmission Queue and sender channel goes into Retrying state.
Note: Earlier my sender channel connected with other system's IP and able to send and receive messages, when I changed IP with my local system than messages got stuck in transmission queue and sender channel goes into Retrying state.

Solution: I found one temporary solution. Deleted old transmission Queue and created new one and given reference to sender channel and Remote queue.

In above 2 scenario, difference in 1st scenario is, sender channel goes in retrying state when one system lost connection with other system where as in 2nd scenario, changed IP address in sender channel.


Related Topic:

Spring jms code for ibm mq example



2 comments:

  1. Need to check only receiver queue manager port. after that reset and restart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I am having the same kind of situation here. I am currently running MQ 7.5 websphere and trying to make a connection with one of our vendors. The sender channel at my end is randomly going in retrying state while receiver channel is still running. I have tried stopping the channel forcefully followed by reset, resolve and then restart but its still not working. In the logs I could see the following error. Any help or suggestion on this would be really helpful

    The remote channel 'XXX.YYY' on host 'x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x)(1414)' is not currently available.

    The channel program ended because an instance of channel 'XXX.YYY' could not be started on the remote system. This could be for one of the following reasons: &P The channel is disabled. &P The remote system does not have sufficient resources to run another instance of the channel. &P In the case of a client-connection channel, the limit on the number of instances configured for the remote server-connection channel was reached.

    Check the remote system to ensure that the channel is able to run. Try the operation again.

    ReplyDelete